Fri. Oct 22nd, 2021
Registered Energy Assessor for Hong Kong buildings
Registered Energy Assessor for Hong Kong buildings

If the architect, designer, BEAM consultant or contractor is telling you that your 500 sqm renovation/refurbishment project does not need BEEO certification, stop, and call us. In Hong Kong, the architect/designer/contractor has no liability for CAp 610 compliance, since 2012 it is the OWNER who is responsible for compliance with Cap 610. Building Energy Efficiency Ordinance, also known as BEEO.

Naturally, the OWNER is responsible, which means he or she is accountable and wholly liable for consequences which could be jail time and/or a fine.

Trying to split a project into two x 300 sqm projects doesn’t help, EMSD views the project as one 600sqm project.

Importantly, renovation/refurbishment project(s) with a floor area over 500 sqm requires a Registered Energy Assessor (REA) to inspect the works within 30 days of occupation and return the signed form of compliance to EMSD.

Also, remember that EMSD will check, they randomly pick projects for on-site verification.

For REA service call +852 2335 9830 today